18 January 2018
The Electrical Engineering TAC has finalised the draft Training Package materials.
Before the Training Package materials can be sent to an independent editor and an independent quality assurance panellist, the Electrical TAC needs to finalise an additional review of 43 Units of Competency. Without those units the qualifications allocated to this project cannot be finalised.
Click the button to view the Case for Change regarding this added development work.Go to Case for Change
The final drafts will be available for viewing after the editorial and QA process, prior to being submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee.
If you have any questions please contact Industry Manager – Jason Lazar via email email@example.com
9 November 2017
The Electrical Engineering Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) met on Thursday, 22 October 2017 to review feedback received from committee members, and agreed to send draft qualifications and Units of Competency out for public consultation.
To view the drafts, please click on the links below: (links removed 27 November 2017)
- Units of Competency
- Skill Sets
Click here to submit your feedback by close of business Friday, 24 November 2017.
5 October 2017
On Thursday, 14 September 2017, the UEE11 Electrotechnology Training Package Electrical Engineering TAC met and commenced the transition of 7 qualifications and 82 associated Units of Competency to the Standards for Training Packages 2012.
Key actions of this meeting included the following:
- Examples of updated draft Units of Competency were presented to the TAC
- Validation of all 82 draft Units of Competency and relevant qualifications to commence
- Draft Units of Competency will be made available for public consultation after the next TAC meeting
The next TAC meeting is proposed for Thursday, 26 October 2017.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact the Industry Manager Jason Lazar on 0417 903 566 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
23 June 2017
The Electrotechnology Industry Reference Committee (IRC) in coordination with Australian Industry Standards (AIS) is currently undertaking the third stage of the UEE11 Electrotechnology Training Package Transition Project.
If you would like to participate as a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) member for the Electrical Engineering TAC or have any questions about this project, please contact Industry Manager Jason Lazar via email email@example.com or on 0417 903 566 by COB Friday 4 August 2017.
The scope of this particular project is to transition seven Electrical Engineering qualifications and 82 associated units of competency to the Standards for Training Packages 2012. The qualifications include:
- UEE50411 Diploma of Electrical Engineering
- UEE53011 Diploma of Electrical Systems Engineering
- UEE61211 Advanced Diploma of Engineering – Explosion protection
- UEE62111 Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology – Electrical
- UEE62211 Advanced Diploma of Electrical – Engineering
- UEE62311 Advanced Diploma of Electrical Engineering – Coal Mining
- UEE63011 Advanced Diploma of Electrical Systems Engineering
The TAC responsible for this project will be formed in the coming weeks.